Welcome to the Global Health and Wellness Institute. We aim to make positive changes within the health and wellness industry incorporating global acceptance of cryptocurrency and educational metaverse.
We are currently in the seed phase to fund our projects and looking to build trust and lasting relationships with investors. Feel free to browse our website or contact GHW institute at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Stay tuned for updates!
Founder: Rex Fujiwara (email: email@example.com): Physical therapist with over 20 years of clinical experience from orthopedics to home care. He has research interest in pain science and running performance. He has a blog for his patients at painsciencecenter.com.
To be filled following seed phase:
Journal Website Development team
Blockchain Development team
PR and Marketing Team
Our mission is to change the healthcare system in a positive way. There are many issues listed below that we plan to address while promoting global adoption of cryptocurrency and decentralized finance.
Let’s make these changes together.
Current issues and short term health care goals / solutions:
1. Online medical and health information
Medical and health information found online is not always accurate. It can be difficult to know what is right, wrong, or outdated. Accuracy online may be less than 50 percent as shown below.
2. The average time lag from research publication to health intervention is 17 years!
3. The cost of obtaining research is expensive. There are hundreds of research journals and membership for all journals associated with any specialization will cost thousands of dollars.
4. Royalties from research studies do not go to researchers. 100% go to publishers.
1. Create an ecosystem with a database that allows global sharing and critiquing research more easily to understand strength of flaws of research publications to make better health choices.
2. Create an metaverse ecosystem for educational programs to offer continuing education coursework and for health care providers can easily share research and clinical pathways using our system using rewards with tokens.
3. Create a metaverse platform for research and medical information to become easily accessible, understandable, and accurate for the general public. Data will be provided through multiple experts in the field.
4. Create a global health and wellness journal with a system with revenue sharing with researchers. This is help researchers fund future projects.
Long term goals / health care solutions
1. Global promotion of cryptocurrency.
Problem: most cryptocurrencies are not accepted as a form of payment
Solution: Promote global adoption of cryptocurrency by promoting NFTs to use as keys to access of health /wellness information and a global health / wellness (GHW) token to use for purchasing research articles. Cash will also be accepted.
2. Cost of health care
Problems: The cost of health care continues to rise without congruent increase in benefit. There is significant waste within the health care system. Data collected over the past 10 years has found 25% of the cost of healthcare is considered wasteful spending due to the failure of care delivery, $102.4 billion to $165.7 billion; failure of care coordination, $27.2 billion to $78.2 billion; overtreatment or low-value care, $75.7 billion to $101.2 billion; pricing failure, $230.7 billion to $240.5 billion; fraud and abuse, $58.5 billion to $83.9 billion; and administrative complexity, $265.6 billion. This must change.
Solution: Create a new health care system and consider the following: Subscribers / members GHW insurance will be shareholders, token holders act as shareholders, decrease red tape, give decision making power to healthcare practitioners, reward healthcare practitioners for keeping up to date on research and quality of care, overutilization or unnecessary service cost will be on the burden of the health care professional / organization, not subscriber.
3. Elder abuse and neglect in nursing homes
Problems: The World Health Organization published a report that over 60% of staff in nursing homes admitted to abusing residents. Investigation of abuse are not performed in a timely manner. Many of these instances are under reported and when action is taken, it was too late. Issues include staffing, training, and salary.
There is a nursing home staff shortage and the ones working have low salary. Many people are fearful of sending family members to nursing homes even when they are unsafe, require 24 hour care, and proper care cannot be provided in the home due to various health issues.
Solution: Create a nursing home system that provides adequate staff, salary, training, and culture. Staff, token holders, and residents can act as shareholders. Staff will be invested in quality of care.
- Journal of Health and Wellness: Ads for journals, payments from educational systems to access journals through their school library, paper copies, and retail purchase of articles
- Ads from educational website and information site for the general public.
- Continuing education Coursework for health care professionals through the metaverse
- Nursing home
- Health insurance
Nichole Slick, Prasad Bodas, Sherif M. Badawy & Beth Wildman (2022) Accuracy of online medical information: the case of social media in sickle cell disease, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, DOI: 10.1080/08880018.2022.2075500
Morris ZS, Wooding S, Grant J. The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research. J R Soc Med. 2011 Dec;104(12):510-20. doi: 10.1258/jrsm.2011.110180. PMID: 22179294; PMCID: PMC3241518.